Thursday, May 19, 2005

Can you have fun with geeks??

Sure you can ... I are one.

As an example, last night there was a meeting of the Springfield bloggers -- I won't call it a club, because bloggers are anarchists at heart and would never do anything as formal and collective as a "club" -- and it was a "sorta' meeting anyway. Only two of us showed up. The others were at home blogging, or looking at persiankitty.com, or whatever bloggers do when they arn't eating or watching reruns of Star Wars.

It was renowned SMSU (or is it MSU?) Prof of Journalism Andy Kline. Andy is a smart guy, he is a lot more 'puter literate than I am, son-of-a-gun actually writes his own HTML. We did a "interview" which he has put up on Retorica, under his podcast. It was fun, intersperced with a few brews . Be sure to listen.

This blog is just plain silly, and depends totally on my whim of the moment, or an egregious outrage of the day, or just plain stubborness. His blog on the other hand is what blogs are suppose to be, saying something important and saying it very well.

Maybe we should offer Ron Davis a free beer ... that would get him out.

If you don't think the Bushites are concerned about bloggers ... have a look in google for "lanl blog" the blog of the Los Alamos National Laboratory -- and how the feds are trying to shut it down -- and how a bunch of pissed off scientists are trying to keep it open.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Zach said...

I wish I would not have missed it. I knew we decided on Patton Alley but I didn't remember which day it was and did not hear from anyone. Oh well, it seems you guys had a good time.

Andy is a very smart guy and enjoyable to be around. The list of Springfield blogs is really growing. Hopefulyl the next meeting can be a pretty good sized group. If we try to spread the word I think it could be quite an event.

Have a good one!

2:48 AM, May 21, 2005  
Blogger John Stone said...

Since you are the un-officio Prez you get to decide where to go next month ... Patton Alley was good ... beer beats coffee anytime ... Andy promises another podcast ...

12:07 PM, May 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

President now....I am feeling the pressure.

Ha.

Patton Alley sounds great to me. I love the place. I am fine with that for the next time. Lets just try to keep the gool ol communication lines open and it will be a great event.

4:33 PM, May 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<