Sunday, January 28, 2007

Ambrose Got It Right

I stood upon a hill, and lo,
The Godly multitudes walked to and fro,
Beneath,in Sabbath garments,
Fitly clad.
With pious mien, appropriately sad.

And while I sat gazing thoughtfully below,
There appeared a tall, spare, figure
In robes of white.
Whose eyes diffused a melancoly light.
"God keep you, stranger", I exclaimed,
You are, no doubt, (your habit shows it) from afar,
And yet I hope,
That you - like these good people
Are a Christian too.

"WHAT!" He exclaimed,
His manner with distain was spiced.
"I a Christian? No indeed.
I'm Christ."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what's your point?

10:20 AM, January 29, 2007  
Blogger John Stone said...

The point is ... if you don't get the point ..

It is intended for you ....

1:16 PM, January 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh.

3:06 PM, January 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"distain" - Another UM-Rolla journalism graduate I see. Nice work,Shamu!

7:41 PM, February 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<