Tuesday, January 23, 2007

How CU is Failing the City

As over 20,000 people in this city enter the 11th day without electrical power (and my mother is one), I want to ask CU a question.

There is a large block of the city, about one square mile that is mostly, if not totally without power. From the Roundtree/Grand Street south to Sunshine. There has been very little done in my mother's neighborhood, other than yesterday when a limb clearing crew had apparently been down the street.

Why doesn't CU send teams out to check, line-by-line, which lines might have safety issues. There may be many that do. But there will also be many that don't. They can disconnect those lines which have issues until they can find the time to get around to them, and turn that large section of town, which must be feed by a larger feeder on? That way they could turn on circuits one by one as fixed and those which don't need fixing would be on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how you're able to do it, but you can:

1. Micro manage the storm cleanup.

and

2. Critique the federal govt's handling of Iraq.

All without any detailed knowledge.

8:12 AM, January 23, 2007  
Blogger John Stone said...

It's easy...

(1) I asked a guestion that I would like to see answered ...

and

(2) I spent 19 years in the military as a middle rank officer ... I and all that I still have contact with ... and the generals who just got fired, seem to have some questions about Operation Fucking Disaster too

8:21 AM, January 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're quite a guy.

Your "military" response reminds me of VDJ.

Nice to see that you're filtering ananymous posts to your blog.

10:24 AM, January 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<