Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Idiocy of Baptist Bible College

BBC is another one of those lib'rul 'educational institutions who brainwash innocent young, stupid, uninformed and unquestioning, college students into a particular liberal, commie, pinko, political point of view. Not only that but they have to gall to actually demand money for doing it.

Remember that BBC is not accredited by any recognized agency to grant a degree that means anything. So, realizing that this was not a marketing plus for them ... they got together with two other ultra-revolutionary fellow traveler trade schools to accredit themselves.

A few years ago the original Curbstone Critic, Tom Ellis, gave me the Student Handbook for BBC. I am delighted to bring you some passages from it to demonstrate how they train future members of the IRA and Red Guards.

In the message from the Prez ... Rev. Doc Supreme Father Confessor Vick .. the students are warned:

"... if our students do not develop into [x]tian leaders, Baptist Bible College is of no use to them, and they are of no use to Baptist Bible College."

And of what use might they be to BBC? Hummm? As intellectual leaders in government? In academics? Most likely on talk radio.

Of course there are a lot of "DON'T"s in the Student Handbook ... a lot more than do's. Here are a couple:

DON'T practice gambling in any way, dancing, or attendance at theaters. [sic]

DON'T attend meetings of secret societies while in school.

DON'T have TV sets or "trashy" literature in your dormitory room.

I will leave it to the reader to make up his own jokes.

ATTENDANCE AT CHAPEL:

ALL students are REQUIRED to attend chapel at the designated hour each week. Any absences from chapel must be reported on the Practical Work Report with reasons for the absence stated on the back of the Work Report Sheet. Single men and single women sit in separate sections in Chapel.

Wait ... I have already used all my space and am only up to page 10 in the Student Handbook. The goodies on dating and personal conduct are yet to come. More later
.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jackie Melton said...

Be afraid, be VERY afraid.

X-tians are WATCHING you.....

Bwaaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaa!

9:19 PM, March 03, 2007  
Blogger John Stone said...

Hummmmm ... appears that that's the case .... :-)

Incidentally JackeM, I haven't forgotten to post a longer entry to your comment below ... I have decided to use part of a much longer piece that I have written, but trying to decide which part. In other words I am dithering. Maybe tomorrow I can make up my mind.

1:13 AM, March 04, 2007  
Blogger Jackie Melton said...

It's good to know that you have a mind to make up, sugar. I'd been hearing nasty little rumors, yew no? ;)

Oh, JUST kidding! Geesh!

5:26 PM, March 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How old is this handbook??!? Can you scan in the pages as PDFs and post them somewhere?... or maybe The Smoking Gun will do it for you?

7:45 AM, March 16, 2007  
Blogger John Stone said...

Well, I was afraid someone would ask -- old.

The Curbstone Critic, Tom Ellis, gave it to me in 1980 or thereabouts. Just from the look of it (not dated) I would guess '65 -'75.

But what is funny -- I which I had one from right now because I bet -- I double bet -- that not much has changed.

9:22 AM, March 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<