Sunday, June 25, 2006

Branson Missouri

I took a trip to Branson yesterday. I wanted to see the new Branson Landing (shown above). I tend to be suspious of this project. It was a lot of money that a very small community committed, and it did tend to destroy a section of town on the waterfront that I called true Ozarks, and others called an eyesore.

I was pleasently suprised. The facade of the mall has a Disneyland feel to it, and it is pleseant to look at. I was particularly interested in the fountains (see more photos HERE). As you can see they are very attractive. I will have to go back after dark to see the gas flames and the water effects -- ala The Venetian. But there is lots of movement, so that it's not just a shower stall, water falling down over a facade, hackneyed fountain effect, that you see in so many mediocre fountains.

Then I caught Jim Stafford's Show. I am proud to count Jim as a friend and I hadn't seen the show in a year or so. As usual it was wonderful. He has made many changes in the production -- again -- as as is typical with Jim, all of them work. I think I am fussy. Jim Stafford is a perfectionist when it comes to that show.

The audience of all ages had a great time and I got a few minutes to say HI to Jim and GG and Shea. I did miss seeing Anne, but she was busy selling the Stafford CD's ... she is the business brain behind the operation. Lawdy ... you just got to see the Stafford kids and how talented they are ... and have been -- since they were very, very young.

No photos from the show because brain-dead-moran that I am I was playing around with the camera, managed to set it on time delay, and could not figure out how to turn it off. So rather than distract the entertainers or audience I will just get photos next time. Is this why they make manuals 3x4 inches ... so dummies can put them in the camera case?

1 Comments:

Blogger John Stone said...

Oh, no .... thanks ... just read yours and will tell Andy at Rhetorica.net because he links all the local people.

We have a bloggers meeting every third Tuesday of the month at the Patton Alley Pub in SGF. Great fun, great people, and a good turn out. Make plans on comming ... and meet everyone.

1:12 AM, June 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<