Friday, October 20, 2006

American Business Ain't So Smart

We sent people to the moon and got lucky and didn't kill anyone.

We have figured out how to harness powerful biological forces to treat disease.

We can now see inside an exploding star, which outshines an entire galaxy of stars.

Then why --- oh, gawd -- why, can't a formerly fine American Company, with a huge team of engineers, like Black and Decker, build a coffee pot that doesn't dribble a mess of coffee all over your counters and floor.

The genius of "free enterprise"?

Shit ....

6 Comments:

Blogger The Libertarian Guy said...

Well, we could put government in charge of designing and manufacturing coffeemakers, but they'd be even worse.

Ever driven a Lada or a Trabant? Ever driven a Yugo? I drove a Yugo once, when I worked at Pinegar's. It was a trade-in, and it made it almost to the back of the parking lot.

12:24 PM, October 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need a little more experience, Libertarian Guy. A Rolls rocks!

4:12 PM, October 21, 2006  
Blogger The Libertarian Guy said...

A Rolls isn't designed and built by government bureaucrats. That's the point I was making with the references.

Oh, I've also driven a Peugeot... it didn't make it to the back lot at Pinegar's. The trade-in had already been finalized, though, so we were stuck with a pile of French-made "machinery".

As for experience, I've driven a real American-made car... a Studebaker. It's been over twenty years, but I still miss it.

4:05 PM, October 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, you really need to get out more...

11:57 AM, October 23, 2006  
Blogger John Stone said...

Oh ... I hope you are talking to the Lib-guy because I am free almost every night .. .but I'm both demanding and expensive ...

The Lib-guy is just demanding ...

12:55 PM, October 23, 2006  
Blogger The Libertarian Guy said...

I've "gotten out" more than you know, anon.

9:04 AM, October 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<