Saturday, January 21, 2006

Is Billy'sBoyToyRoy Better than Delay?

I have exactly one Libertarian blog that I read occasionally, Kn@ppster. This is because Tom Knapp is an old friend, and yeah, his politics are goofy as hell, but he is a great guy to share a few scotch and milks with ... even though he is not a Libertarian really, he's more of a Trotsky offspring.

But he sent me to
this link today and it just tells us everything that we want to know about Billy'sBoyToyRoy:

Huh? OK. I'll make a deal with Rep. Blunt. How's this sound? I'll go ahead and write whatever the hell I want to write. In return, if Rep. Blunt doesn't like it, then he can cry me a river. I think that sounds fair. Somehow, I managed to get along fine for the first 41 years of my life without talking to Roy Blunt, and things turned out OK. I'm not a Washington journalist. My livelihood doesn't depend on having access to powerful DC insiders. So, I think I'll be fine if I never talk to him again.

Indeed, I would prefer it.

As far as I'm concerned, the Blunt call was a disaster for Rep Blunt. My dominant impression was that he was trying to stack the deck with ringers who'd throw him softball questions, so our group's ability to question him closely would be limited by squandering time on people who were not part of our group, and whose questions he saw in advance. In short, he was trying to spin us. As far as I can tell, Rep. Blunt broke just about every rule for how to deal effectively with bloggers. I don't think he could've alienated me more effectively had he intentionally set out to do so.


I might add ... in case Blunt doesn't "get it", which I am sure he doesn't, this silly blog, with virtually no useful information at all, get's over 1,000 page views a week since I reset the counter a couple of weeks ago. And that's small stuff compared to some around Springfield. If he thinks he can shake his dick at us and get by with it, he needs Jack Abramoff's expensive steaks more than I thought he did.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas L. Knapp said...

John,

So are the Democrats putting up a serious candidate against Blunt this time around? They haven't bothered to run a balls-out campaign in the 7th since Pat Deaton in 1992, if my memory is any good, because even if the Dem takes Springfield (Deaton did, once), he or she gets shellacked in the rural remainder of the district.

I don't know if Blunt can be beat in the 7th, even if the Abramoff slime trail continues to follow him all the way to November ... but a strong Dem candidate might at least be able to make him fight for his seat, and that would be a plus all around. It would distract him from some of his mischief elsewhere, boost the statewide Dem ticket and hopefully put the last nail in his spawn's political coffin for '08.

10:12 AM, January 21, 2006  
Blogger John Stone said...

Hey .. thanks for the comment Tom ... nice photoshop job on the picture too ... I would like to hang Tom Delay and Jack Abramoff around his neck like the dead, cold, stinking albatrosses they are ... but no one around here is interested.

You are right ... make him spend his money (first) trying to protect himself from a good candidate so he can't do influence buying in Congress and, (second) to hang him with Matt -- the Boy Runt -- and *HIS* popularity of 34%. Not the first time a kid has brought down the old man.

10:27 AM, January 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<