Monday, September 18, 2006

An Apology to VD(J)

I've called him names, and one looks back at one's own angry outbursts over the years.

And I recall having at various times referred to VD(J) as a 'hairy-backed swamp developer, a fundamentalist bully, a freelance racist, a hobby cop, a sweatshop tycoon, a line jumper, his wife as a marsupial mom and him as an aluminum-siding salesman, a misanthropic frat boy, a ninja ditto head, a shrieking midget, a tax cheat, a cheese merchant, a cat strangler, a pill pusher, a nihilist in golf pants, a backed-up Baptist, a grand pooh-bah of Percodan, a mouthbreather, a testosterone junkie and a brownshirt in in a sweatsuit'.

I look at those words now, and 'cat strangler' seems excessive to me. The number of cat stranglers in the ranks of the Republican Party and radio talk show pervs is surely low, and that reference was hurtful to talk show hosts and to cat owners. I feel sheepish about it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are being too hard on yourself. One can easily be carried away with emotion. God forgives your reference to cats and their owners.

12:47 PM, September 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<