Saturday, January 06, 2007

Need Some Help from Fellow Boogers

I have a friend, age in the early twenties, who is of mixed races.

She would like to find out about her biological parent's genetic history, for her own benefit and the benefit of her future children. But she is not able to hire the expensive lawyers or agencies that do this sort of thing.

I have a feeling that out there somewhere are charatible organizations that could help her ... but a search for them has not been successful. I know that some of my fellow boogers do have insights into this area and can steer me in the right direction.

US laws suck, I discovered, compared to Europe, regarding the rights of children to find out this sort of thing. That needs to be changed now that we can do so much more with a good genetic and family medical history.

4 Comments:

Blogger admin said...

If I knew anything about this, I would pass it along. Sorry.

4:44 PM, January 06, 2007  
Blogger Jackie Melton said...

Have you asked your church family, John? ;P

12:11 AM, January 09, 2007  
Blogger John Stone said...

Heck of a good idea JackeM ... I will head over to the temple tomorrow and join up with the Latter Day Saints.

They got two great things going for them:

Family histories---

And polygamy ...

3:23 AM, January 09, 2007  
Blogger Jackie Melton said...

Good choice. I hear they'll let anyone join. ;)

10:35 PM, January 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<